HORSE RIDERS’ CODE OF CONDUCT
• I understand that the establishment has taken measures to protect me, staff and other clients from infection by Covid-19 and that I will comply with these measures.
• I undertake to not visit the establishment if I have any of the symptoms of Covid-19 and will immediately inform the establishment if I subsequently develop symptoms.
• I understand that if I am clinically extremely vulnerable to Covid-19 that I should not visit the establishment and that if I am vulnerable I will inform the establishment before visiting so that additional measures, if required, can be taken to protect me.
• I understand that working with horses and riding at any standard has inherent risk and that all horses may react unpredictably on occasions.
• I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk.
• I understand that instructions are given to protect health, safety and welfare of clients, staff and the general public. I agree to follow instructions given to me by staff and instructors while on site and/or under their supervision.
• I understand that the establishment will make decisions based on information I give them and agree to always be honest and volunteer information about:
• my abilities and riding experience;
• any previous riding accidents;
• any medical condition(s) which may affect my ability to ride and ongoing changes to my condition(s) and medication (including possible side effects).
• I reserve the right not to ride or interact with a horse allocated to me and may request a change of instructor.
• I understand that wearing an appropriate safety hat and footwear may reduce the severity of an injury should an accident happen. I agree to wear an appropriate riding hat and footwear while riding, leading and grooming horses at the establishment.
• I understand that children are at particular risk around horses and agree that I will keep children that I am responsible for under close supervision when they are not under the supervision of an instructor.
• I understand that the establishment may refuse my request to ride or participate in any activity for safety or operational reasons.
• I understand that Jumping carries enhanced risk over and above general riding and agree that if I choose to participate in any competition or event, it is up to me to ensure that I have the experience and ability to ride the course including any jumps which form part of it.